Susan Marie Williams
Artist | Illustrator | Designer
Based in Richmond, North Yorkshire
Susan is an artist who uses a wide range of media: oils, watercolours, acrylic inks/paints, mixed media and digital art - whatever feels right for the subject of the moment.
Mostly, she paints in series. These currently include:
- her imaginative country scenes and richly coloured flower paintings, The Heartland Watercolours, available as prints and cards
- the Fantastic Flowers series, light and lively flower paintings in acrylic inks
- Dark Flowers, various media, rather weightier, flower paintings
- Faces in Gold, paintings of imagined faces, with an emphasis on the use of gold and other metallic inks and paints, inspired by medieval paintings and iconography
- Birds of a Feather, brand-new (2017) fun paintings of fantasised and recognisable birds in colourful iridescent acrylics.
Susan's styles are varied and she loves to develop distinctive techniques that then lend a particular look and feel to each series of works. She enjoys the support of local galleries, has had exhibitions in her local area, and in 2015/16 a selection of Fantastic Flowers paintings appeared in a series of exhibitions in Italy.
- To be recognised for original, distinctive and widely appealing work
- To exhibit and sell more of my work as originals, prints and cards
- To also be successful in licensed illustration and design (working on it)